- Analysis of environmental legislation pending in the U.S. Congress, State Legislatures, European Parliament and Council and Member State Governing Bodies;
- Preparation of comments in response to rule-making actions.
- Analysis and advice concerning proposed and enacted regulatory compliance requirements;
- Analysis of international legislation independently and in comparison to U.S. law;
Analysis of environmental regulations and policy guidelines proposed by agencies of National Governments, State Governments and regional entities worldwide;
- Analysis of European Union Member State environmental liability statutes and regulations;
- Analysis of bi-national and multi-national agreements and conventions;
- Provided background on environmental liability regimes worldwide and analytical support concerning proposed environmental damage legislation in China;
- Summarized Federal and State groundwater management practices for a national business group and recommended a position on pending Federal ground water legislation;
- Prepared multiple sets of comments on the Department of the Interior and other government-proposed rules related to Natural Resource Damage Assessments for individual companies, industry groups, and industry-wide;
- Prepared joint comments on the Department of the Interior's rules on Natural Resource Damage Assessments proposed under “Superfund” for three industrial companies--AlliedSignal (now Honeywell), Ciba-Geigy (now BASF), and GE;
- Provided input to briefing documents for the Congress and the Administration on wide-ranging environment, energy and natural resource topics for multiple clients;
- Provided response to the DG Energy Public Consulation on Improving Offshore Safety, Health, and Environment in Europe;
- Prepared comments in response to United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) draft guidelines on environmental liability.